Day in the Life: Wednesday

Today, we are planning to go to P.E and do our weekly shopping. . . it was also somewhat of a challenging day emotionally. I'm tired just editing it, ha ha!

6:30 up with baby to change his diaper, try to go back to sleep.

6:45 Luke up with baby, lay in bed talking with Elli who crawls in bed with me when Luke gets up (and lately has been crawling in bed sooner).


7:00-8:00 up, read email, bathe, dress for the day, Jordan up (at 7) and working on Fred;


Luke gets the rest of the kids up (7:30), I bathe Elli and comb her hair (she dresses herself), Malachi in the tub;



Luke reading MFW to Nathan and Dylan, and feeding Boaz;






Start breakfast (make scone mix), Dylan makes coffee for me, start grocery list, Luke leaves for work at 8:00. 

8:00-8:30 Make Chocolate Chip Scones, tidy the kitchen, start a load of laundry. . . 







Ask who wants to run scones to Pop. . . Dylan volunteers. 



8:30-9:00 eat breakfast, (drink a cup of coffee-decaf!), catch up on my reader while nursing Bo.



9:00-10:00 FIAR with Mali and Elli (weather activities), boys are watching Bo in the living room and working on their school, pep talk before I go lay Bo down, reboot the laundry, put dry clothes on my bed (Mr. Gibson folds and puts the laundry away).






10:00-10:15 Nurse, read my Bible, lay Bo down for a nap. Here is what I came downstairs to:

Jordan "camped out." 

Jordan showing me something interesting from the book he is reading - a book on Church History. 


Malachi reading the Vision Forum catalog on the stairs. 


Eliana playing at the table. =) 

10:15- 10:45 AAR with Eliana ~ she was playing so sweetly and I hated to pull her away. . . so, since we were learning about the letter c today, I asked her to bring her toys that start with the first sound of c - the /k/ sound and bring them with her (cat, couch, kitty). I told her kitty starts with k, but kitty is really a cat. =)







My ABC Bible Verses ~ a review of upper case as we go. 

10:45-11:45 start lunch, plan for dinner, start Mali on ETC, have him read to me while I start lunch, Nathan finish cooking lunch, Mali finish ETC, LL,

There's that Vision Forum catalog again ~ hiding INSIDE a certain boy's Language Lesson.
I had to take it away so he would do his school! 

Dylan decided to comb Elli's hair to get her ready for P.E. 

A sink of hot soapy water is a must when I am working in the kitchen. 

Filling the Berkey . . .for  drinking and cooking water. 




11:45-12:15 eat lunch. . .


check chores* (see below for a run down what what we all do around here). . . 


get accosted with the Vision Forum catalog on my way out. . . (I thought I put that thing away!)


check on Jordan cleaning the chicken coop. . .



go back inside and tell kids for what feels like the hundredth time to get back to their work!, pray for strength, SING! "I life my eyes up to the mountain, where does my help come from? My help comes from You, maker of heaven, creator of the earth! Oh how I need You now, You are my only hope. . . " Mali smooches me, ah. =)



12:15-12:30 Fred with Mali - ignore the goofing off going on in the living room (there will be a consequence later), sing LOUDER, things quiet down in the living room, lol (singing works better than yelling!); Jordan interupts to have me recheck his chores - I tell him to TAKE A PICTURE! lol

Finish fred with Malachi; Nathan finishing his chores and helping me with Boaz.




12:30-12:45 Still doing Fred with Mali - finished reading the chapter, now he is doing the questions. Pray while Malachi writes 40 to 60 by 2's - well it's more like meditate - I close my eyes and focus all of my energy on Father as I reach out to him for STRENGTH! I really can't do this without Him! 50, 52, 54 Not. even. one. second. without Him!

 56, 58. . . and 60! Now count by 5's. Phew! Jordan left for work.

12:45-1:00 Daily Science with Mali. . . 



Yay! We are learning about WIND! (This ties in with our FIAR - love it when that happens). Thank you Father! Change and nurse Bo, rub and tickle his back, sing to him; nathan finishes kitchen,

1:00-2:00 salute Nathan for a job WELL done! this boy ROCKS!



feed Bo,

Baby Fast Food ;-) 




Water Cycle lesson that we didn't get to yesterday. . .






Mali had to write three BIG words. . . 


I sat and colored with him and coaxed him along. . . he did NOT want to write, but he did eventually. 

Find supplies for science experiment, put a clean shirt on Elli. . . I needed a straw so asked dh to buy us a fruit drink from the Y. =) 



Mr. Gibson home to check on the boys' work. . .

One boy is really struggling to get his work done today. 




(He finished school in Pop's office, helped organize his soccer closet, folded shirts, and got a snack from the Snack Shack for helping out, so the day ended well.)

Luke helped me get the kids ready for Homeschool P.E. 





2:00-3:00 Homeschool P.E. at the Y. 


Playing Dodgeball. 

I usually don't go (the older boys can go if they want) - I came to make my annual appearance and to see a friend of mine. . . our babies were born 10 days apart (and we saw the same midwife). . . so it was fun to see the babies together. Yes, Bo is still in his pajamas - I didn't think to change him




3:00-3:30 Tasty alphabet time - c is for cocoa, nurse Bo.

3:30-5:00 Trip to the store - I normally shop on Thursdays, but Thursday is a holiday this week. I took Eliana with me.

5:00-6:00 Put groceries away, talk to a homeschool mom that walked by (I had to go say hello - this was the third time I had run into her today) and we visited for 20 minutes or so, then I put in my co-op order online.

6:00 Mr. Gibson home for the evening.

6:00-6:30 Prepare dinner and eat.

Tonight is a special night for us as it begins the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles. We will have fellowship, read the bible and have a family night. Tonight and tomorrow is a rest day, an extra Sabbath day this week, but we may prepare food (I prepare all our food the day before for the weekly Sabbath). Mr. Gibson has the day off from work.  After blogging all week, I am really looking forward to a day of rest. ;-)

Jordan is making brownies, Mr. Gibson is doing some last minute tidy on the house. I'm resting my aching feet!


*Do we have a chore system?  (Sharing this from my comments section here)

My kids each have assigned areas:

Jordan (15) does the living room, mud room, yard, vehicles, and the chickens. (We all help with the living room, but he deep cleans it - moves the couches and vacuums). 

Nathan (12.5) is in charge of the kitchen and dining room. He clears and wipes the table and counters, does the dishes (loads and unloads the dishwasher), sweeps and mops the floor (sweep daily, mop as needed), cleans out the fridge when needed, organizes the pantry and rotates things, etc. He also helps me with food prep and cooking. EVERYONE helps with meal clean-up, though, and dh and I both help him too. 

Dylan (11) does the hallway, stairs, and bathroom floors and bedroom. 

Malachi (6) does all the small trash cans (3 of them) and cleans his room, and is a runner. 

Eliana (4) picks up her toys and is a runner. 

I do my office, the school closet, the downstairs bathroom, meal prep/cooking, shopping, planning, teaching;-) and helping out where ever needed. 

Dh is of course our providor, but we also helps with school, does the laundry (I help wash and reboot, he folds and puts away), helps Dylan in the upstairs bathroom, cleans our bedroom and the shop, and helps out where ever needed. 

Everyone helps with baby! If we are a "man down" (one of us is missing or ill), we all cover for them!

I'm sure I'm leaving much out, but that is the jist of it. Basically, we are each responsible for our areas. My boys are involved in a lot of activities (sports), so that is often enough motivation. I don't say anything to them - dh keeps them on track with their chores, so I don't have to deal with it during the day -- it wore me out too much. I do remind them or ask them to do their chores. . . or offer an incentive (a tv show WHEN they are done - not IF!).  I think having dh's support in all areas has been a huge help and blessing!

0 comments